Friday, May 19, 2017

Beautiful Walpa Gorge, Kata Tjuta, NT, Australia


Walpa Gorge is a gorge between two of the highest domes in Kata Tjuta (The Olgas), Northern Territory, Australia.

Here is a rare, but most stunning scenery of water pouring down the cliff faces of the gorge:
The photograph was taken in 2013-05 in pouring rain. The rain ruined my camera ... but to be able to witness such a scene is well worth it.

Photograph courtesy of Ricky who was mad enough to be with me in that trip.

As of today, I can't find any picture posted by others on the internet of the gorge in the rain.

By contrast, here is a photograph of the same gorge taken by me 14 months later in 2014-07 in a sunny afternoon. Still a sight to behold, but I prefer the beauty of the previous pic.
( More photos and trip report on Walpa Gorge are in my blog:

http://mntviews.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/walpa-gorge-kata-tjuta-nt-australia.html )

Please visit my main page at http://mntviews.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Donations are welcome to support the creation of more interesting articles in this blog  :-)

Share